April 10, 2017
FLO Cycling - Hello, Japan - Our Language Conversion Journey
Posted by FLO Cycling at Monday, April 10, 2017 Labels: Consumer Direct Sales , en , FLO News , Importing & International Buyers
To communicate with our international consumers effectively, we believe that we should speak their language. We've begun our journey to translate our website to different native languages. Our first language conversion is to Japanese. Hello, Japan!
Why We Chose Japanese
1. Our Japanese sales have grown considerably over the last couple of years. We now ship more wheels to Japan than any other country outside of the USA.
2. 100% of the Japanese site traffic that visits our website originates on a Japanese language computer. This means we are forcing our Japanese customers to learn about us in our language, not theirs.
3. Japan has a large and growing cycling and triathlon population.
4. Japanese is the 9th most common language in the world with 132,000,000 people speaking the language.
More About the Conversion
1. We've fully converted our website along with our most popular blog articles.
2. We will be responding to customer inquiries in Japanese.
3. We will be visiting Japan with plans to host a Bike for a Kid event in Japan.
Our Future Language Conversion Plans
Converting the site to Japanese is our first foray into language conversion and customer support. As we test the model and refine the process, our intent is to convert the site to more languages. To date, we shipped wheels to 66 countries with a combination of more than 25 languages. If your native language isn't English, we hear you.