September 23, 2013
Pre Order #8 is Here - All of the Details!
It's official! Pre-Order #8 will begin Thursday, September 26 at 10:00am PST. All orders placed within the first hour will receive a FREE FLO t-shirt (see picture below). One t-shirt will be given for each order. Please read the details below for general information and FAQ about Pre-Order #8. We can't thank you enough for your support and patience.
- Pre-Order #8 begins September 26, 2013 at 10:00am PST. Access the store here. You will need a store account to checkout. You can create your account here.
- On September 26, 2013 the "Store" page will feature a countdown timer. When it hits 00:00:00:00 refresh your page to begin shopping.
- The store will NOT be password protected.
- 800 wheels will be available during Pre-Order #8.
- We will have FLO 30s, 60s, and 90s available during Pre-Order #8. The FLO DISC will not be available during Pre-Order #8. We're sorry!
- FLO 30s are estimated to ship by October 5.
- FLO 60s and 90s are estimated to ship in the last week of October.
- There are currently 1,670 people signed up for Pre Order #8.
- All sales are on a first-come-first-served basis. We are working hard to eventually have stock. For more information, please read this blog article.
- Pre-orders tend to sell out quickly. Pre-Orders #4, #5, #6, and #7 sold out in less than one hour. We suggest being online at 9:55am PST if you are interested in buying wheels. Please know there is no pressure to buy, we just want to be honest.
- Pre-Order #9 is scheduled to take place in late November and is estimated to have approximately 800 wheels.
- You are not guaranteed a wheel when adding it to the cart. You must check out to confirm your order.
Questions About Pre-Order #8
Q1. How and where do I place my order?
A1. The store opens at 10:00am PST and will not be password protected. On the morning of the pre-order, the store page will have a countdown timer on it. When the countdown timer hits 00:00:00:00, refresh your page to access the store and begin shopping!
Note* You will need to create an account to shop in our online store. We highly recommend creating an account before next Thursday to save time during the Pre-Order. You can create your account here.
Q2. Do we have live up-to-date inventory on our site?
A2. That’s sort of a yes and no question. When you select the product you will see how many are available under the “Bearings or Bearing/Build” pulldown menus (The “Sticker Color” pull down does not show how many wheels are in stock.). If there is one left and you add it to your cart it does not mean you have secured the wheel. You must make it all the way through the cart before the wheel is yours. If someone else has bought the wheel in that amount of time, you will receive an out of stock warning when you hit the confirm order button.
Q3. My page is really slow, what should I do? (We hope this doesn’t happen!)
A3. We have done all we can to beef up the server to prevent crashing. That said there are no guarantees. When you click to add a wheel to your cart it may take a second or two to load. Please do NOT hit the "Add to Cart" button multiple times. If you do, you will add more than one wheel to your shopping cart. If there are any technical difficulties during the sale, please be patient, we will be working to correct them as soon as humanly possible. If you page is slow after hitting “confirm order” PLEASE DO NOT HIT REFRESH or your card may be charged twice. If you do hit refresh by mistake and are double charged, please let us know and we will be sure to refund your second order.
Q4. What t-shirts is going to be available?
A4. Free FLO t-shirts will be given for each order placed during the first hour. Each wheel page will have a dropdown for you to select your t-shirt size. One t-shirt will be given for each order.
Q5. When will the wheels ship to me?
A5. The FLO 30s are estimated to ship by October 5 and the FLO 60s and 90s are estimated to ship in the last week of October.
Q6. How much are ceramic bearings?
A6. Ceramic wheels are an additional $100 per wheel. Ceramic bearings support our Bike for a Kid Program and have excellent durability. Learn more about our Bike for a Kid Program here.
Q7. Do you offer Shimano 11 speed hub bodies?
A7. We will be offering Shimano 11 speed hub bodies during the pre-order for the FLO 30s, 60s and 90s. We are still testing 11 speed with the FLO DISC and it is not available at this time. Our 11 speed hubs are an additional $30. You will receive both the 10 and 11 speed hub bodies with your order. The 11 speed hub body also comes with a spacer to convert it to a 10 speed hub body. You will not need to re-dish the wheel.
Q8. What payment methods do you accept?
A8. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We do not accept PayPal.
We hope that this answers your questions about the upcoming pre-order. If we have left anything out please let us know.
Thanks again for your patience and support.
Jon and Chris